Thursday, August 7, 2008

Too much exercise

I prefer adding exercise to my life instead of dieting. There are 2 main reasons for this:

I like to eat
I hate to think about food all day long
Like anything in life, it is probably best to add exercise in moderation. One of my favorite workout options is tapes from http://www.beachbody.com/. They have great options including:


Slim in 6
Turbo Jam
Tony Horton 10 Minute Training
Power 90X
Hip Hop Abs
Rockin’ Body

I’ve done the first 3 and while I was doing them, I loved them and they worked. The problem was that these programs start off gradually (usually 30 minutes a day), then work up to 45 minutes or 60 minutes a day. However, the plan is that you work at least 6 days a week. I don’t know about you but if the plan is 6 days a week and I have a crappy Monday, then the rest of the week is blown.

I usually plan Friday as the day off because I try to exercise in the evenings and I want Friday evening to lounge in front of the TV and turn my mind off from the week at work.
Still, adding an exercise program that makes you work out 6 days a week could be a good thing. It could help you gain muscle and lose fat fairly quickly. UNLESS all that stress on your muscles causes a tear or extreme fatigue that leads to injury half way through your second week. At which time you end up having to spend a month on the sofa while you heal and your muscles lose strength.

No comments: