Saturday, August 2, 2008

Food Poisoning

The greatest quick weight loss I ever managed was purely unintentional. Three years ago I managed to combine a night out drinking heavily with a dinner that gave me food poisoning.

The result – in less than 12 hours I was so ill I couldn’t hold my head up. At first I thought I just had too much to drink. I figured once I tossed it all up I would be able to go back to sleep and feel better the next day.

I was not so lucky. Two days later I was still in bed, still sweating and puking my guts out at regular intervals.

By the time I recovered and stepped on the scale I had lost more than 10 pounds in less than a week. I kept it off for more than a month too. I’m sure that’s unusual but I remained dehydrated for several weeks no matter how much water I drank.

No comments: