Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Look at your ass


Sorry for the swear word but seriously if you want to know the easiest way to give up on a diet, this is it. Take a look at your own rear view in a 3 way mirror. If you are at all like me the area it takes the longest to lose is the rear end. I could lose 20 pounds and 2 dress sizes and still have an ass like an elephant.

This is a deal breaker for any diet. No matter how motivated or inspired I am, one look in the mirror at my rear and I'm done. I give up. What's the point of hours of exercise and starving to stick to a diet if I pull on a pair of jeans and the view still sucks??

I happened to catch myself in a side view earlier today. I'm not a big fan of mirrors in general so I don't catch myself often. But today I guess I was a bit slow, before I had my coffee. I got a side view of my rear right out of the shower. How pleasant do you figure that was??


Don't think I'm down on myself because before this I was having a great week. I'm down 5 pounds and not starving or working out to exhaustion. I'm trying Change One - which means I am gradually cutting out my calories. So I'm mostly eating what I want just half as much as I was before. Anyway it is probably working but all day after that glimpse in the mirror I've considered quitting. I mean seriously how's a girl supposed to be motivated to walk, run, diet, lunge, squat or whatever to get toned and lean when she can't stand to look at her rear in a mirror??

So if you need motivation to QUIT a diet, to NOT lose weight - try this one. If you actually want to stay on something avoid the mirror from any and all angles. Trust me.

No comments: