Monday, July 28, 2008

Weight Watchers Commercial

Have you seen the Weight Watchers commercial about eating out? There is a woman who is going out to eat and socialize with her friends but she's still dieting because she is on Weight Watchers. She will succeed because their plan works and allows her to eat out, to live her life while dieting.

This is all fabulous and motivating. EXCEPT eating out and socializing isn't where my dieting fails. My problem comes when I am alone. Whether I am eating alone at home or at a restaurant doesn't really matter. I do fine for about a week, sometimes two.

Then I get a little lazy. I go home on a Sunday with little to do. I completed all my weekend errands on Saturday, I caught up on my reading, my shopping and my housework. So Sunday is pretty much aimless.

Aimless is a problem for me. And for my diet.
I don't know if boredom is just my trigger for eating or if having too much time on my hands is what causes me to think about food incessantly and then eat whatever is in the house.

So what do those commercials do for you?
Do they motivate you? Or just frustrate you?

No comments: