Monday, October 6, 2008

Back in Gear, sort of

I'm back in the diet mood again. More I'm working on a healthy diet option with one caveat - I'm not giving up the soda. Maybe it's counterproductive but there is too much stress in my life right now to give up the crutch that is caffeine and sugar.

I have however set a different goal. I intend to consume no more than 1300 calories per day (this includes the soda). I'm not sure if this means I will be cutting too many vitamins and minerals but I've decided to try getting healthy my way, the half way.

So other than the soda, I will be all raw fruits, veggies and lean proteins but my sugary simple carbs will be in the soda. I'll cut out all the others - pasta, bread, candy. Whatever it takes, I'm thinking that I can give up the others as long as I have the cold caffeine.

I don't know how this will work in the long run BUT everything I've read argues that weight loss is about the simple step of creating a calorie deficit. I need to eat less than I burn. With this 1300 calorie goal, I will definitely eat less than I burn. We'll see if it works.

I'll let you know in a week or two.

For now, start thinking about what modifications you make in your quest to get healthy and thin while trying to maintain your sanity.

No comments: