Sunday, October 5, 2008

Crazy Alternatives

Today I'm not really interested in talking about myself. I guess I'm in a bit of a mood. Instead I did some research and gathered 5 diets that were guaranteed to be crazy. They may have been just crazy enough to work but there were obvious and sometimes complicated side effects. So today I shall celebrate the Crazy Alternatives out there in diet land.

Number 5
Diet pill containing a tapeworm. I may have even seen this one on ER or one of those other medical dramas, it's so difficult to keep them straight. Anyway the point is that you swallow a pill and soon you are dramatically losing weight, no matter what you consume. Of course, eventually you may notice what appears to be a tumor growing in your abdomen because the tapeworm you ingested has started growing due to the constant food you've been feeding it. All I can say is GROSS!

Number 4
Master Cleanse promoted by some celebrities that requires you to drink a mix of maple syrup, lemon juice, water and cayenne pepper. If you vomit often enough, you will lose weight.

Number 3
HCG - The pregnant woman hormone that you inject into yourself on every day while you reduce your calories to between 500 -800 per day. Difficult if you are not a fan of needles. I've actually tried this one and I hate to think of the side effects that may one day creep up. I recall being hungry constantly and it was impossible to eat so few calories without a constant headache.

Number 2
Weekly colonics - this says it all. DISGUSTING and I'm not sure how it helps anything.

Number 1 - THE ALL STAR
The Druggie Diet - choose your drug of choice - cocaine or heroine - and consume copious amounts while forgoing all forms of food. Not much to say about this one. You will get thin quick but you might not be around to see it.

What are your TOP 5 CRAZIEST DIETS?
Which have you tried?

No comments: