Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome to October the month of endless CANDY

I have a love/hate relationship with the month of October. Last year I spent more than $50 on bags of candy for the office and will be the first to admit that I ate more of the sugar than anyone else. I probably reach 3000 calories some days with the empty sugar calories and foolishness.

I'd like to say that one day I will have willpower and just avoid buying the candy. This year I will likely not get sucked in when in the store just because the money crunch has me on a strick budget. However, I work in an environment where there is candy on every desk and in every classroom - year round. But we seem to get a little extra for the days leading up to scary candy day.

I wonder if I should just scrap the entire month then start over in November. Of course, November houses my favorite holiday (and its requisite chow down) Thanksgiving. So then I would have to give up again until December.

This just doesn't seem to be a good idea.

While candy may be my nemesis I think I will try not to give an entire month to it. I already gained back 2 of the pounds I lost last month. SO my goal for this month is 6 pounds instead of 4. Since my workout hasn't been working either I'm going to go back to the drawing board. I want to still take what I was learning from Turbulence Training and start smaller again. Right now my right wrist is swollen and sore so pushups and weights are out of the question for 2 or 3 days. So starting Saturday I will go back to working out but for the first week I will plan a simple body weight routine that lasts about 15 minutes. Then I will get back to the TT workouts the second week.

Fighting candy and lack of exercise WILL NOT get me down. Be prepared to SMACK ME if I give up this month. I'm headed back to Fitday.com and getting into a routine again. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: