Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm fat because...

Today I'm fat because

I love sugar
I crave soda and use it for stress relief
I don't exercise enough
I hate to sweat
I am too weak to stay motivated
Weekend binges
Cheese, butter & bread are my favorite foods
I have no self control
Moderation isn't in my vocabulary
I'm capable of consistency only in my work life
I make excuses
I am busy
I am lonely
I embrace change only when it is comfortable
I am comfortable with being lazy

If you are asking why I made this list, bear with me for a few minutes. You see we all have excuses, reasons or rationalizations for why we are not as thin, fit or healthy as we want to be. Today these are the excuses I have been using. Tomorrow there may be different excuses. For this week I will challenge myself to list every excuse I can think of that I have used - EVER.

Once I have a complete list I plan to start crossing off the crazy reasons and the reasons I want to make sure are never true again. I'm making getting rid of negative messages a step in my new plan to take control of my life and my goals.

No comments: