Sunday, December 7, 2008

Welcome to Winter

Today was the first snowfall of the season in my small town in Central Mass. The snow stayed pretty and pure until about 2 and then it became a mess of dirty slush. Not that you need the weather report but the snow announced winter and got me thinking about winter and weight.

You see the change of season means something to weight loss.

Winter Positives
Fat keeps us warm
We burn calories just trying to stay warm
No one wants to see your pasty skin
Sweaters cover a myriad of body flaws
Video workouts
Catching up on sleep
A new year to look forward to & reason to change


Winter Negatives
Too much darkness leads to couch potato syndrom
Holiday sweets
Stressful shopping and gift giving
Comfort food
Pasta and potatoes
Hot chocolate
Vitamin D deficiency
I'm guessing that the positives and negatives mean something different for each of us. So far I don't know which will win out for my life. Today I'm still weighing in at 180. I'm hoping for 170 by January 1.
What goals have you set?
Will winter get in your way?

No comments: