Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2 Steps (lbs) forward, 2 Steps back

For some reason I've chosen Wednesday as my weigh-in and measure day at home. Sometime near the end of the day I sit down with my laptop and update fitday.com with my new weight and measurements.

So that's what I did tonight. I also caught up on my food diary entries. I've been tracking what I eat on paper but not putting it into the computer for about 5 days. What I discovered tonight is that it is tons easier to go overboard when the calorie count isn't staring you in the face.

I've also learned that soda really will keep you from losing - no matter what else you do. At my status check today I discovered I have gained 2 pounds and an inch on my waist. Which SUCKS!!
I made good progress then I went of vacation and even though I was active, I wasn't active enough and I wasn't pursing my weight training. Of course I also drank wine and soda while I was away. And the access to fresh fruit was limited.

Of course today I also ate awesome lasagna at lunch and had mac n cheese at dinner. You see once I get started on the pasta, I crave it constantly. So it's possible that today's weigh in was all about limited fiber and an overdose of carbs.

Maybe I'll do better next week. The problem is that when I back step I get frustrated and irritated. My first reaction to irritation is to grab an ice cold soda and a junk magazine then curl up with both on the couch until I feel relaxed and don't give a crap about what the scale or tape measure said. So every step backward initiates a second, larger step in the wrong direction.

For this week, I am NOT losing weight by stepping back with soda and pasta -- and doubling my carbohydrate intake for the day! Sucks to be me today.

Good news though, it's almost midnight so today will soon be over and I shall start again tomorrow. Have a nice night!

No comments: