Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Traveling

Noelle and I are both on the road this week. She is attending a conference in Florida while I am vacationing (in Florida then Pennsylvania).

Since we are both gone at the same time, we have been getting behind on this blog. Still, we will try to keep up when we can this week.

Since we are traveling we have both been experiencing the difficulty of sticking to a diet and exercise plan while on the road. Healthy food and snack options are hard to find at airports and hotels. Plus there is the urge to snack or splurge because we are away from home.

Traveling is one of the fastest ways to NOT lose weight on a diet. Noelle and I had a few meals together on Sunday which is rare for us because we live in 2 different states. It was great to get together as friends and chat/catch up on the other's busy life.

Still, I could not stick to my healthy (no sugar, no soda, no processed carbs) plan. Instead I walked for an hour on the beach to make up for the seafood pasta I ate the night before.

For me the biggest difficulty traveling is the soda. I can resist the pasta, the Cinnabon at the airport (that one is difficult) and even sucking on candy while flying. I cannot resist the urge to grab a bottle of soda to take my mind of how cramped I feel shoved into a middle seat for three hours while flying up the east coast.

What is your travel difficulty?
Is eating out what catches you?
Portion control?
Being unable to maintain a schedule?
Or do you treat yourself since you are on vacation?

Whatever your difficulty, you can take a break on vacation and get back on plan as soon as you return home. Can't you???

I'll be finding out next week.

No comments: